MARKS & Spencer has revealed its redesigned Thurrock Lakeside store, having introduced a number of brand new features into the 92,000 sq ft store.
The store at intu Lakeside Shopping Centre re-launched this morning (Thursday, May 29) and now offers customers in Thurrock and the wider Essex area even more shopping options across fashion, beauty, homeware and food, with the addition of a new Beauty department, increased fashion ranges, and a brand new café.
Customers can now benefit from a number of new and exciting features within the M&S Thurrock Lakeside store, which include:
• Beauty: A new Beauty section spanning 1,300 sq ft, which offers an extensive range of M&S’ own-brand products, including its new natural and eco-friendly body care range, Pure, along with some of the world’s leading and exclusive beauty brands such as NUXE, REN and Leighton Denny, all of which have been handpicked by M&S experts. All staff at the new beauty counter are trained with the M&S makeover qualification, and will offer free makeovers and beauty advice to customers. Much-loved hair care brands such as Philip Kingsley, and perfume brands – including Lyn Harris – will also be on offer.
• Café: As well as a great place to shop, M&S Thurrock Lakeside now has two M&S cafés providing seating for a total of 330 people. The brand new ‘Flavours’ Café – which is based on the first floor and replaces the M&S Kitchen – provides 90 seats, whilst the existing ground floor café has doubled in size, and provides seating for 240 people. Both cafés serve delicious, freshly-made dishes using ingredients from the Food Hall and will serve as the perfect destination for customers looking to have a break during their shop.
• Bakery: A refurbished Bakery department offers a selection of M&S’ finest specialty breads, pastries and cakes, freshly baked in-store each day.
• Womenswear: The Womenswear department has been renewed with an improved layout, and will offer inspirational styling suggestions across its fashion ranges including Autograph, Limited Edition and per una. In addition, all changing areas within the store have been refurbished.
• Homeware: A renovated Home department will now allow customers to browse M&S’ extensive soft furnishing and accessories collections in an inspirational environment. The department features the latest M&S ranges to help customers create a living space to suit their style.
Deirdre Mogford, store manager at M&S Thurrock Lakeside, said: “We are thrilled with the redesigned store, and are so pleased to see that our customers – both existing and new – are enjoying the changes we have bought in to M&S Thurrock Lakeside.
“The M&S Thurrock Lakeside store has been open for almost 25 years, and we’re delighted to be able to bring some of the newest M&S features – such as the M&S Bakery and Beauty department – into the store for local customers to enjoy.”
Shopper Sharon Beale, from Benfleet, said: “I really like the changes that have been made within the store. Before I used to get lost inside, but now it’s much easier to move around and to find what you’re looking for with the new dividers within the fashion ranges. It feels more exclusive, too.”
Maggie from Hornchurch, said: “The food ranges in the Food Hall are really good – so fresh and tasty. The new café is fabulous as well, I like how spacious it is and how much variety there is to choose from.”