Saturday, July 13, 2024

Fire in flat in South Ockendon

ESSEX Firefighters have been called to a kitchen fire in a first floor flat in Peartree Close, South Ockendon.

Crews wearing breathing apparatus are using one hose reel jet to tackle the fire.

Update 12:36 – The fire has been extinguished. Crews are using a positive pressured fan to clear smoke from the property.

Station Officer Mark Elliott said: "The fire had been caused by a pan of oil which had been left unattended on an electric cooker.

"Incidents like these show how important it is to take extra care in the kitchen. More fires start in the kitchen than any other room of the house so we urge everyone to take extra care when cooking."


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here


More articles