Tumbler dryer starts fire in Chafford Hundred

ESSEX Firefighters are attending a fire involving a tumble dryer in a garage. On arrival the incident commander reported that the tumble dryer was well alight and the garage completely smoke logged.

Update : Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus and using one hose reel jet had extingusihed the fire by 11:32hrs.

Warnings have been issued about tumble dryers and safety notices have been issued for certain Hotpoint, Indesit and Creda models.

The Service has issued the following tumble dryer safety advice:

– Always follow the manufacturer’s instructions

– Don’t use tumble dryers at night or while unattended

– Clean the filters regularly to ensure they do not become blocked with fluff

– Items should be removed from the dryer immediately after the cycle and shaken loose to assist cooling

– Not to overload plug sockets. Ensure that no more than 13 amps are in any one plug socket.

For more information about which appliances are affected, visit: https://safety.hotpoint.eu/

You can also register your domestic appliances for free at www.registermyappliance.org.uk who will contact you in case of any safety repairs or product recalls on your appliances.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.