Saturday, September 30, 2023

93-year-old woman rescued after house fire in South Ockendon

THE fire service was alerted to a fire in a house in Foyle Drive, South Ockendon, thanks to the working smoke alarms which triggered the occupants Careline service.

The elderly occupant had fallen over while cooking in the kitchen and as she could not get up, her food under the grill started to burn which set her smoke alarms off.

When firefighters arrived they immediately entered the building wearing breathing apparatus and found the woman on the floor in the kitchen. They brought her outside and left her in the care of the Ambulance Service.

Crews ventilated the property to clear the smoke and left the incident at 5:30pm.

Incidents like these show how important it is to have working smoke alarms in your home. Essex County Fire and Rescue Service wants 100% of homes in Essex to have a working smoke alarm. To get your FREE smoke alarm and home safety visit call us on 0300 303 0088 or visit our website.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here


More articles