Family suffer from smoke after kitchen fire in Fobbing

Fobbing

A FAMILY of three have suffered smoke inhalation following a kitchen fire on High Road, Fobbing, which went undetected for hours as the property did not have a working smoke alarm.

The fire had started on the hob which had been left on. The hob melted a pan which continued to smoulder and produce alot of smoke. The property did not have a working smoke alarm, so the family were not alerted to the fire until they woke up this morning.

When firefighters arrived at the property they found the kitchen full of thick black smoke. They ventilated the property and fitted new smoke alarms before leaving at 8:15am on Tuesday morning (Jan 17th). The family were left in the care of the Ambulance Service.

Incidents like this show why it is so important to ensure you have a working smoke alarm.

Essex County Fire and Rescue Service wants 100% of homes in Essex to have a working smoke alarm.

To get your FREE smoke alarm and home safety visit call us on 0300 303 0088 or visit our website.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.