Tuesday, July 16, 2024

Postman praised for helping fire service stamp out fire in Bulphan

ESSEX Firefighters were alerted to a house fire in Bulphan this lunchtime (Friday 3 March) thanks to a passing postman who spotted smoke pouring out of the property’s roof void and called 999.

When fire crews arrived they reported that the property was completely full of smoke. Firefighters gained access to the house and found the fire, which is thought to have been smouldering for some time, inside the property in the porch.

Fire crews cut away the floorboards and managed to extinguish the fire by 12:26pm.

The cause of the fire has been recorded as accidental, due to old electrical cabling under the floorboards.

The house has been left badly damaged by the smoke, but luckily the fire did not spread to any other room.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here


More articles