Sunday, June 23, 2024

Garden fire spreads out of control in Grays

Essex Fire

A GARAGE has been badly damaged after a garden fire spread out of control and caught light to a nearby fence which then caught the garage alight.

Fire crews were called to fire in garden in Wallace Road, Grays by a neighbour. Crews managed to quickly extinguish the fire by 1:40pm on Thursday June 15th.

The fire service has issues the following fire safety advice for anyone burning rubbish or having a bonfire in their garden:

Site the bonfire well away from houses, garages, sheds, fences, overhead cables, trees and shrubs

Never leave the bonfire burning unattended

Build the stack so that it is stable and will not collapse outwards or to one side

NEVER use flammable liquids – paraffin or petrol – to light the fire

Don’t burn foam-filled furniture, aerosols, tins of paint and bottles

Keep everyone away from the fire – especially children, who must be supervised at all times

Pour water on the embers before leaving


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here


More articles