Statement from Essex Fire Brigade
ESSEX Firefighters were called to a fire within a high-rise building this morning.
On arrival, fire crews reported a fire within an eighth floor flat.
The building’s stay put policy was immediately implemented and firefighters worked hard to contain the fire to the flat’s bedroom.
Crews extinguished the fire by 9.55am, before clearing the property of smoke using Positive Pressure Ventilation (PPV) fans.
The bedroom has been destroyed, while the rest of the flat has also been smoke damaged. The cause of the fire has been recorded as accidental.
One person suffered from smoke inhalation and was left in the care of the Ambulance Service.
Fire has been put out.
YT understands that there is a fire at Lionel Oxley House near Seabrooke Rise in Grays.
There are four fire engines in attendance.