Firefighters rescue man from derelict pub in Grays

Brick 1

ESSEX Firefighters rescued a man from a fire within a derelict public house on Thursday night (Nov 9th).

On arrival at the Bricklayers Arms on Bridge Road, Grays, crews reported the building was completely smoke logged and a small fire was burning within the premises.

Despite difficult circumstances due to the unkept nature of the property, firefighters quickly extinguished the fire and then used Positive Pressure Ventilation (PPV) fans to clear the large amount of smoke that had developed.

Crews were then able to locate the man, who is believed to be homeless and using the building for shelter, on the second floor of the building.

The man has been taken to hospital with minor injuries.

The fire is believed to have been caused by a discarded cigarette and has been recorded as accidental.

This is the second time there has been a fire at the derelict pub this year.

http://www.yourthurrock.com/2017/05/01/probe-fire-rips-bricklayers-arms-grays/

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.