TWO more drivers have been convicted following the summer #DriveSafeDriveSober anti-drink and drug driving campaign.
A total of 205 people were arrested during the campaign which highlighted how alcohol and drugs can impair your reactions when driving.
Those convicted are:
Lucie North, 23, of New Road, Grays:
– Arrested at 3.17am on June 24 in Elizabeth Road, Grays;
– Disqualified for 20 months, 40 hours unpaid work, £85 costs, and £85 victim surcharge for drink driving;
– Driving licence endorsed for no licence and no insurance.
Babaatunde Oloruntosin, 39, of Chargeable Lane, London E13:
– Arrested at 3.42am on June 24 on A13 at Stanford-le-Hope;
– Jailed for 16 weeks, disqualified for four years, £85 costs and £115 victim surcharge for drink driving;
– Jailed for 16 weeks and driving licence endorsed for driving while disqualified;
– Driving licence endorsed for no insurance;
– Jailed for a week (to run concurrently) for obstructing a police officer.