Monday, February 6, 2023

Children’s car sparks fire in Chafford Hundred

ESSEX Firefighters were called to reports of a shed fire on Sachfield Drive, Chafford Hundred which had started to spread to a house.

When fire crews arrived they reported the ground floor of the house was affecte dby smoke.

Firefighters quickly extinguished the fire and stopped it spreading to the rest of the property. The fire was extinguished by 2:20pm. The back windows of the property and the outside of the house suffered some fire damage, but the inside of the house was saved.

The cause of the fire was found to be some electric children’s car which were being charged outside on the decking.

The fire service have issues the following electrical fire safety advice:

Don’t leave items on charge or plugged in overnight or whilst you are out of the house.
Never leave plugged in and turned on when they are not in use.
Don’t leave items on charge for long periods.
Only use the charger supplied by the manufacturer.
Look out for the CE mark that indicates chargers comply with European Safety standards.

More advice here: http://www.essex-fire.gov.uk/Home_Fire_Safety/Home_Safety_Advice/Electrical/

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Latest

More articles