A MAN from West Tilbury has avoided jail after pleading guilty to making images of children abuse.
Jack Smith, aged 21, of Blue Anchor Lane, West Tilbury pled guilty at Basildon magistrates court to the following:
On or Before 24/10/2018 at Tilbury made an indecent photograph, namely 1 Category A, of a child.
On or Before 24/10/2018 at Tilbury made indecent photographs, namely 3 Category B, of a child.
On or Before 24/10/2018 at Tilbury made indecent photographs, namely 11 Category C, of a child.
On or Before 24/10/2018 at Tilbury possessed an extreme pornographic image which portrayed, in an explicit and realistic way, a person performing an act of intercourse with a live an animal, namely a dog and which was grossly offensive, disgusting or otherwise of an obscene character.
Sexual harm prevention order made on conviction for five years.
Smith was made subject of a community order. Rehabilitation Activity Requirement: Offender to comply with any instructions of the responsible officer to attend appointments as required by the responsible officer up to a maximum of 30 days.
Unpaid Work Requirement: Carry out unpaid work for 140 hours within the next twelve months.
He was fined £435.00
Smith was also prohibited from:-
1. Using or possessing any device capable of accessing the internet unless a. it has the capacity to retain and display the history of use and b. he makes his monitoring officers aware of the device prior to using it and makes the device available on request for inspection by a police officer or any other person appointed to monitor him.
2. Deleting the history on devices as referred to in restriction 1 without the written permission of the Chief Constable of the police force for the area in which he is residing at the time.
3. Possessing any device capable of storing digital images unless he makes his monitoring officers aware of the device prior to using it and he makes it available for inspection by a police officer or any other person appointed to monitor him and subject to a condition that it has the capacity to retain and display a history of its use.
4. Use or in any way access any Social Media Network or Application, including but not limited to Facebook, Facebook Messenger and Tumblr, unless he provides log in and password details to a Police Monitoring Officer for the area in which he resides and consents to inspection of his accounts.
5. Using any ‘cloud’ or similar remote storage media capable of storing digital images (other than that which in intrinsic to the operation of the device) unless, within 3 days of the creation of the account for such storage, he notifies the police of that activity, and provides access to such storage on request for inspection by a police officer or police monitoring officer.
6. Installing any encryption or wiping software on any device other than that which is intrinsic to the operation of the device.
Two mobile telephones seized by Police to be forfeited under S143 PCCS(A) 2000 and destroyed.
Smith was required to register with the police in accordance with the Sexual Offences Act 2003 from 16/07/2019 for 5 Years.