Tuesday, September 27, 2022

Electric scooter charges causes fire in Tilbury


ESSEX Firefighters have given their safety advice after a shed and fence panels were destroyed in an electrical fire in Brennan Road, Tilbury.

An electric scooter battery had overheated while on charge and set fire to the shed.

Firefighters extinguished the fire by 9:15pm on Sunday night.

Watch Manager Kev Hercock from Orsett Fire Station said: “Take care when using chargers, especially for products with Lithium-ion batteries. Never leave items charging unattended and do not leave them charging for longer than they need to be as they can quickly overheat.”

Follow our safety advice when using chargers:

  • Don’t leave items on charge or plugged in overnight or whilst you are out of the house
  • Never leave plugged in and turned on when they are not in use
  • Don’t leave items on charge for long periods
  • Only use the charger supplied by the manufacturer
  • Look out for the CE mark that indicates chargers comply with European Safety standards

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Latest

More articles