Saturday, October 1, 2022

Firefighters rescue three pets from house fire in Tilbury



ESSEX Firefighters rescued a dog, a cat and a budgie from a house fire in Parker Avenue, Tilbury this morning (Saturday).

On arrival, crews confirmed that a house measuring approximately four square metres was completely smoke logged and the kitchen was alight. The home was completely smoke logged.

No-one was home at the time of the fire – firefighters were alerted after neighbours heard the smoke alarm sounding.

Paul Dibble, Crew Manager at Orsett Fire Station, said: “Crews have done brilliantly to save these animals today and prevent the incident from becoming much more serious.

“The neighbours acted quickly to alert our Control teams when they heard the smoke alarm – once again demonstrating just how important they are and why we want all homes in Essex to be fitted with them.

“Without a working smoke alarm, this incident could have ended very differently.”

We believe this fire was caused accidentally.


LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Latest

More articles