TOMORROW (Saturday 24 April) three drive-through waste drop-off sites will be open from 9am until 12pm for residents to dispose of bagged household waste.
There are usually five drop-off points open 9am to 6pm, Monday to Friday. As a pilot this weekend three of the sites will be open on Saturday morning as well:
- Units H and I, Hume Avenue, Tilbury, RM18 8YD – Google Map link
- The former Billet site, Billet Lane, Stanford-le-Hope, SS17 0AR – Google Map link
- The former Culver Centre site, Daiglen Drive, South Ockendon, RM15 5BX – Google Map link
Waste cannot be collected or left at the site after 12pm so it is important that residents make sure they take any bagged waste they want to drop off to these sites before they close.
There have been no changes to waste collection days or prioritisation of rounds as Thurrock Council works hard to minimise disruption to daily household bin collections. While the council continues to focus on collecting general household waste, including food waste, it is asking residents to:
- put their grey bin or green bin out for collection on your normal day and leave it out until collected – we will aim to collect any missed bins the following day
- put food waste and smaller items of garden waste in with general waste
- compress recycling as much as possible
The council has brought in additional vehicles, which may not have the usual Thurrock branding on them, to help ensure as many green and grey bins can be emptied during daily collections.