Sunday, September 25, 2022

Man treated by paramedics after flat fire in Grays

ESSEX Firefighters were called to a flat fire in Milford Road in Grays last night.

On arrival, crews reported that a flat on the first floor was heavily smoke logged with smoke alarms going off.

Crews entered the property and extinguished the fire which they believe was caused by an electrical fault while a battery was charging.

A man was left in the care of the Ambulance Service after suffering with smoke inhalation.

The flat was heavily smoke damaged.

Watch Manager Mark Hampton from Grays Fire Station said: “This incident highlights why it is so important to have working smoke alarms in your home.

“Having working smoke alarms in your home can give you and your neighbours and early warning to a fire, giving you time to get out of the house and call the fire service.

“We recommend you have at least one smoke alarm on every level of your home and that you test them regularly.”


LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Latest

More articles