Global Day of Prayer events in Thurrock on Pentecost Sunday – stake your place!
This coming Sunday 31 May – the day of Pentecost – there are three major events to celebrate the Global Day of Prayer. All are warmly invited to join in with these events.
At each activity a stake will be driven into the ground. This is the idea of the Global Day of Prayer London organisers, and stakes will be driven into the ground of eac of London’s 33 boroughs, and more besides. The symbolism of this act is:
- to declare the ownership of Christ over Thurrock
- to proclaim to the land Christ’s redemption, salvation and healing through his death and resurrection
- to remind the Church – the Bride of Christ – of her identity, influence and intention
- to make a statement of unity of the Body of Christ across the Borough
- The details of the services are:
Hardie Park, Scatton Road, Stanford 11am – open air service followed by picnic
(bring your own food!)
Grays Baptist Church, Orsett Road, Grays 1.30pm – community barbecue on the forecourt
(bring your own meat!)
Aveley Christian Centre, Aveley Close, Aveley 6pm – Pentecost Celebration