A* PRE-SCHOOL in Purfleet has been placed in special measures following an inspection by Ofsted.
The school based on Riverview Terrace on London Raod was inspected in October.
Its owner according to the Ofsted report is Ibironke Justina Harrison.
In most cases, Ofsted return to a pre-school in a couple of months.
The report states:
1. Staff deployment lacks organisation, resulting in unchecked volunteers supervising children, which compromises their safety.
2. Staff practice and the educational programme are not well monitored so children do not make good progress.
3. There are inconsistent teaching practices. Staff do not challenge and support children’s learning outside as well as they do inside. Practice is not effectively monitored to promote children’s learning.
4. Children’s understanding of appropriate hygiene practices during snack time is not fully supported through staff interaction and discussion.
The report highlights the following strengths:
1. Children are confident when settling and show a genuine interest in resources due to staff’s attention to detail when playing inside.
2. Children with English as an additional language are supported well due to staff’s use of the language, clear communication skills and resources that reflect children’s home language and support their understanding.