Friday, July 19, 2024

Renewed appeal over Archer attempt murder as woman arrested.

POLICE are renewing their appeal for information following a shooting in south-west Essex as they arrest a fifth person.

Five weeks on from the attempted murder in South Ockendon, a 20-year-old woman was arrested at her home in South Ockendon shortly after 7am (Wednesday) in connection with the incident.

The shooting took place shortly after four men had entered The Archer Public House on Garron Lane at 10:20pm on Monday, May 14, searching for a local man. A firearm was discharged by one of the men in the car park as the intended victim fled the scene.

Detectives are keen to identify a man captured on CCTV who is white, aged in his early 20s, approximately six foot tall, of slim to medium build and has short dark hair. Officers are also keen to identify and locate a small white or silver van, possibly a Ford Connect van, which is believed to have been used during the course of the shooting.

Senior Investigating Officer, DCI Mark Hall, said: “We are keen to identify and speak to this man and would urge anyone with information to contact us. Information received will be treated in confidence. The man should not be approached and, if seen, people should call 999 immediately.”

Anyone with information in connection with this attempted murder is urged to contact detectives at Brentwood’s Major Investigation Team on 101, email them on SCDappeals@essex.pnn.police.ukor call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.

A 43-year-old former security employee is currently remanded in court custody after having been arrested and charged with attempting to cause Grievous Bodily Harm with intent and possession of a firearm in connection with this incident. David Knight, from Crammavil Street in Grays, is next due to appear at Basildon Crown Court on Friday, August 3.

A second man, aged 18 and from Grays, is currently on police bail until Wednesday, July 11 after also having been arrested in connection with this incident.

The 20-year-old woman from South Ockendon was later also released on police bail until July 19 pending further enquiries.

Two other men were arrested in May as part of the investigation, but were subsequently released without charge.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here


More articles